Elephant Ears

This blog is dedicated to the political happenings in the Valley and Southwest Virginia. As the the name implies, this blog will have posts based on what is heard by this elephant's (GOPer's) ears. It is also a great treat to get while at the county fair or a carnival.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Dems "Hijack" the Senate

Eariler today, Harry Reid invoked Rule 21 and made the Senate doors closed for a meeting. Here is there article. It is supposedly in regard to pre-war intelligence in light of the Libby indictment. I have not had a chance to look into the issue very far so perhaps I am way off base here, but I do have one question: Was this an action used by the dems to begin the planning for the confirmation battle?
I am sure they discussed pre-war intel as well (they probably all said how it was all lies), but then I suspect they also used the time to plan for the impending battle that is Sam Alito's appointment.
Just a thought, let me know what you all think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home