Elephant Ears

This blog is dedicated to the political happenings in the Valley and Southwest Virginia. As the the name implies, this blog will have posts based on what is heard by this elephant's (GOPer's) ears. It is also a great treat to get while at the county fair or a carnival.

Monday, November 13, 2006

New RPV Chair

Since Kate is resigning, 1st Vice-Chair Mike Thomas will be acting Chairman until the State Central Meeting at the Advance on Dec. 1-2, where they will elect a new chairman.

My sources tell me former RNC Chairman Ed Gillespie will be throwing his hat into the ring for the job.

7th District Chair Linwood Cobb is also rumored to make a run. I know him personally and believe he would do a good job. He has great business creditials and also has worked his way through the ranks of the party; so he knows the "nuts-and-bolts" of how things work.

Several others being mentioned are 1st District Chair Russ Moulton, former Delegate Jack Rust and Delegate John Cosgrove.

I don't see a clear leader right now, although Gillespie's name ID should give him the early edge.

UPDATE: Looks like my sources were correct. The RTD is reporting that Gillespie is Allen's pick for RPV Chair.

7 Comments:

  • At 11/14/2006 9:42 AM, Blogger James Atticus Bowden said…

    The thing to watch is - will it be an election or a coronation?

    Depends on who gets the backing of which elected politicians.

    I was going to give my proxy to a friend for this meeting and not go this year. I need to reconsider now.

     
  • At 11/14/2006 10:27 AM, Blogger GOPHokie said…

    Sounds like an election at this point. Too many people jockeying for the position.

    We will probably know more in the next day or so.

     
  • At 11/14/2006 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why does a loser get to select your chair?

     
  • At 11/14/2006 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "The thing to watch is - will it be an election or a coronation?"

    Amen. I couldn't have said it better myself.

    For what it's worth, Griffin was also Allen's pick for RPV Chair.

    It's time for new leadership in more ways than one, IMO.

     
  • At 11/14/2006 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a bad, bad feeling about this.

     
  • At 11/14/2006 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Also, it's been 48 hours and there is still no "official" announcement on the RPV web site.....what's up with that?

     
  • At 11/15/2006 9:09 AM, Blogger James Atticus Bowden said…

    Looks like a coronation to me - one day later. I don't think I will have to change my original plans to stay home and give my proxy to another to vote by acclimation with everyone else. No prob.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home