Elephant Ears

This blog is dedicated to the political happenings in the Valley and Southwest Virginia. As the the name implies, this blog will have posts based on what is heard by this elephant's (GOPer's) ears. It is also a great treat to get while at the county fair or a carnival.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

What We Learned

I want to apologize if I have given the idea that I am bailing on Kilgore thinking he would have never made a good governor. I have always supported him for that post and still continue to believe that he would have done a better job than Tim Kaine will. Even so, I have been pointing out his missteps and weaknesses to make sure the GOP knows what to avoid next time around. I don't want to see a good man like Jerry lose a race b/c he has a bad campaign or does dumb things along the way. I have done the same thing for Delegates Marrs and Black as well as Chris Craddock. I hope the GOP will learn from our mistakes and pick people to run next time who do a better job with these problems.
I apologize for not clarifying that before now.

2 Comments:

  • At 11/29/2005 11:23 AM, Blogger Will Vaught said…

    bottom line : run on "winning issues" and not the "hot botton" - I think it is safe to say that votes are getting a bit tired of the far right (gays, guns, abortion, death penalty) see Brad marrs, and Dick Black for example..

     
  • At 11/29/2005 12:52 PM, Blogger GOPHokie said…

    Exactly

     

Post a Comment

<< Home