Elephant Ears

This blog is dedicated to the political happenings in the Valley and Southwest Virginia. As the the name implies, this blog will have posts based on what is heard by this elephant's (GOPer's) ears. It is also a great treat to get while at the county fair or a carnival.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Blogger Conference

Since I did not attend the blogger conference last year, I cannot say much to its value or usefulness. Even so, it sounds like a good setup and a very good tool to use for our bloggers across the Commonwealth.
Since it was Charlottesville last year, it seems to me it should be held in a different location every year. Its not really fair to make the SWVA guys drive 4 hours every year and keep us Valley folks an hour away all the time. We should move it around the state to allow everyone to come and be a part of it.
That is why I am in favor of holding it in Martinsville. In light of Will Vehrs comment, it would be valuable to make a statement by holding our conference in Martinsville (and maybe even build some support to oust Roscoe Reynolds and Ward Armstrong). We should also hold it here to make it more available to SWVA bloggers. Many may not realize it, but we have quite a few in this part of the state. Bringing their input to the conference would be invaluable to our success.

1 Comments:

  • At 5/09/2006 9:22 PM, Blogger Charlie Bishop said…

    GOPH,
    Contact me. I will make this happen. Personally, I would prefer a date different from the "official Sorensen conference", but I have no firm plan yet for the proper time frame.

    I have zero experience producing such an event, but with help from the Virginia blog community it can come to pass.

    Give me some insight as to what you would like to see on the agenda, speakers you would like to hear, etc. If you have any contacts that would agree to speak, please let me know.

    Together we can do this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home