Elephant Ears

This blog is dedicated to the political happenings in the Valley and Southwest Virginia. As the the name implies, this blog will have posts based on what is heard by this elephant's (GOPer's) ears. It is also a great treat to get while at the county fair or a carnival.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Possible Appointment Tonight?

No one has said anything about this as far as I can tell, but I wonder if Bush's address tonight will be to appoint a new supreme court justice to replace O'Connor?
Don't forget folks, the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals sets in New Orleans. Guess who sits on that court?
Edith Jones, Edith Clement, and Priscilla Owen.
Thats right folks, all the women being considered (except Janice Rodgers Brown who is my personal choice) are from this circuit.
Hopefully Bush will do it, as long as he doesn't appoint Jones.
Has anyone seen anything else on this?

4 Comments:

  • At 9/15/2005 12:39 PM, Blogger James Young said…

    Jones is by far the more reliably conservative vote. How can you prefer Clement over her?

    However, I agree that Janice Rogers Brown would be the best, in-your-face choice.

     
  • At 9/15/2005 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    brown is a nutbag with no business on any court

     
  • At 9/15/2005 4:00 PM, Blogger GOPHokie said…

    I apologize JY, I thought it was the other way around.
    I favor Jones over Clement.
    I got the Edith's mixed up.
    Brown is the best choice bc she would replace a woman and also be the first black woman on the court.
    It would be a great line we could use, not to mention she is the best person for the job (very pro-business, anti-affirmative action, etc.)
    She is a very solid PROVEN conservative.

     
  • At 9/15/2005 9:02 PM, Blogger GOPHokie said…

    Well I guess my assumptions were incorrect.
    I am still interested in seeing when Bush will make his appointment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home