Elephant Ears

This blog is dedicated to the political happenings in the Valley and Southwest Virginia. As the the name implies, this blog will have posts based on what is heard by this elephant's (GOPer's) ears. It is also a great treat to get while at the county fair or a carnival.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

33rd Update

NLS has a great post on the implications of the 33rd Senate race. I have had a few posts about those same issues as well, and largely agree with his assessment.
I don't think a "conservative" takeover is possible, or likely to change anything. The committee chairs would still be controlled by the "moderates". The only change would be a conservative majority leader. I am not sure how much that would help, but either way I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Also, I think Staton will have a tough race ahead of him. Even so, this would be ahuge win for the GOP if they can manage a win here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home