Elephant Ears

This blog is dedicated to the political happenings in the Valley and Southwest Virginia. As the the name implies, this blog will have posts based on what is heard by this elephant's (GOPer's) ears. It is also a great treat to get while at the county fair or a carnival.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Endorsements in the 22nd

I had meant to get to this a few days ago, but I have been busy dealing with other things.

There has been an interesting development in the race for the 22nd. Sen. Bell has now received the endorsements from many of the local elected GOPs in the district. I know all the electeds in Montgomery County have endorsed Bell, which should ensure he performs very well in that part of the district.
There are a good number of Roanoke Valley electeds, but I don't know if all of them are endorsing Bell or not. Either way this should bode well for him.

The most interesting endorsements are from Congressman Bob Goodlatte and LG Bill Bolling. These two, in my opinion, almost ensure Bell will win this primary. Bob Goodlatte is very well liked by most everyone in the 6th Congressional district, but certainly among GOP circles in the Roanoke area. This combined with Bolling's endorsement (who served in the Senate with Bell) should basically end this race. As far as I know, this is the only Senate race Bolling or Goodlatte has made an endorsement in (and remember Goodlatte represents the 24th as well).

I guess now a question is whether Goodlatte will make an endorsement in the race for the 24th. If he does, I would say he would probably be kingmaker there as well.

I will keep everyone up to date on any more developments in this area.

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home